Incidents involving an escape of water are never straightforward. Whether a residential or commercial property, it is crucial to understand the cause of the issues, how far they have spread, and what that means for the materials that have been affected. When preparing a methodology to resolve the issues, you also have to consider the wider context of the claim, most importantly, what impact will the restoration methodology have on property occupants and the overall project costs?
At DF&A, we do not just treat the symptoms of an escape of water event. Our independent consultants take a holistic approach, establishing the cause, severity and extent of the issues. When involving DF&A in your project or claim, we will:
- Engage with you to understand what is driving your project (alternative accommodation costs, business interruption, minimising occupant disruption, avoiding project delay penalties etc.)
- Establish what has caused the escape of water, firstly ensuring the leak has been resolved.
- Carry out water testing to establish the source of the leak if unidentified.
- Identify any other potential escape of water risks within the property related to the incident
- Carry out a moisture survey to establish the extent of moisture damage
- Carry out necessary invasive investigation to understand the impact to the building fabric
- Create an independent scope of works for strip out and drying activities, aimed at minimising interruption to occupants and reinstatement works
- Co-ordinate and oversee the quality of restoration works, ensuring they are completed satisfactorily and within agreed timelines
- Carry out completion gravimetric testing to objectively confirm issues have been resolved