At DF&A, we know that claims in heritage properties are as unique as they are complex. Standard approaches to damage restoration are rarely sufficient when dealing with unique construction methods seen in heritage properties. You need to treat the property sympathetically, with a bespoke approach to restoration, decontamination and strip out that work in tandem with conservation requirements. You need to be confident that you have the right experts in place to satisfy all stakeholders and restore the property to its pre-incident condition.
DF&A have provided damage assessment consultancy services on countless heritage claims, providing a tailored approach to each property we have encountered. At DF&A we ensure that you:
- Receive independent expertise from consultants experienced in the challenges of heritage properties
- Have an accurate record of the damage to high-value buildings and contents through our Damage Scene Recording services providing a ‘digital twin’ of the property
- Are given advice that considers the unique construction methods and materials used in the property
- Avoid costly secondary damage during unnecessarily drawn-out tender/scoping processes. DF&A ‘make things happen’, providing scopes of work in hours and days, not weeks and months.
- Receive scopes of works for drying, decontamination and strip out in line with conservation and heritage requirements
- Have a bespoke approach to the claim that balances restoration and reinstatement approaches with business interruption or alternative accommodation concerns.