Whether in a commercial or residential property, fire can cause devastating damage. However, it is not only physical damage that should be of concern. Depending on what materials have burned, a range of harmful smoke contaminants can be left behind. These can both be a risk to occupants and contractors, as well as causing secondary damage through corrosion. Even common items such as PVC cabling on electrical items can have a harmful impact when burnt. Therefore, establishing the types, quantities and severity of contamination from the outset is crucial.
DF&A carry out a range of surface and air testing following fires to give you independent and objective information that outlines the extent and severity of contamination. DF&A’s testing services help you to understand:
- Site safety for occupants and contractors alike
- The types of contamination present
- The quantities present
- How far the contamination has spread
- How harmful/severe the contaminants present are
- The impact of the contaminants on the building fabric, its fixtures and fittings and contents
- The impact on air quality
- The efficacy of decontamination works through clearance testing
DF&A then contextualise our findings, helping you to understand what this means for the particular property, and the actions required to resolve the issues.