Following any disaster, whether a commercial or residential property, damage to contents can form a large part of any loss. Water or smoke ingress can cause issues with corrosion, mould and odour. Whether electrical equipment, white goods, soft furnishings, or artwork, you have to understand the types of damage present, as well as the value of the contents.
DF&A’s independent consultants specialise in assessing contents. We provide an independent investigation into the extent and severity of damage, providing scientifically supported advice to allow informed decision making on whether contents can be successfully restored or should be disposed of.
- Carry out a thorough visual inspection of contents, assessing their function, age, component parts and extent of damage suffered
- Provide an estimate on their valuation and a truly independent assessment of their capacity for restoration, as DF&A have no vested interest in the level of works undertaken
- Perform contamination profiling or further specialised scientific testing to assess the severity of damage e.g. odour testing to soft furnishing, microscopy analysis of electrical
- components etc.
- Engage with the appropriate specialist restorers to mitigate and reinstate contents that are not beyond economic restoration
- Ensure all stakeholders are satisfied with approaches to restoration and quality of works undertaken