Following any disaster, the effect on mechanical and electrical equipment and installations has to be considered. Water or smoke ingress to mechanical and electrical components can cause corrosion and severely increase the risk of failure, or cause the equipment to become beyond economical restoration altogether.
DF&A’s independent consultants specialise in assessing mechanical and electrical equipment. We provide an independent investigation into the extent and severity of damage, providing scientifically supported advice to allow informed decision making on actions required with each piece of equipment.
- Carry out a thorough visual inspection of the equipment, assessing the equipment’s function, age, component parts and extent of damage suffered
- Perform contamination profiling or further specialised scientific testing to assess the severity of damage to components
- Assess the viability of repair over replacement – comparing costs and timescales
- Engage with original equipment manufacturers to understand the availability of replacement parts and delivery timescales, and manage warranties
- Engage appropriate contractors to decontaminate and recommission equipment