Following a flood, sewage back surge, foul water or mould event, there are almost always concerns regarding what contamination has been left behind. There isn’t always a clear means of understanding how far the contamination has spread, nor what impact this will have on a property or its occupants. After any disaster, you quickly need to establish the types and quantities of the contamination so that appropriate remediation processes can be put in place.
DF&A have developed a range of microbiological testing services that definitively establishes the cause, severity and extent of microbiological contamination in the indoor environment. We combine a selection of bespoke qualitative and quantitative testing methodologies to understand:
- The cause of the contamination e.g., foul water, sewage
- The levels of overall microbiological activity (ATP testing, dipslide testing)
- Quantities of microbiological matter present (Next-generation DNA quantification)
- The species of fungi and bacteria present (Next-generation DNA sequencing)
- How far the contamination has spread
- The impact the contamination will have on the building occupants and those working on site, and any precautionary measures required
DF&A then contextualise our findings, helping you to understand what this means for the particular property, and the actions required to resolve the issues.